Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /home/severewx/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_13/skin_profile.php on line 1188

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/severewx/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_13/skin_profile.php on line 1188
Severewx.co.uk:: Community Forums
Radar Satellite
Surface Analysis Upper Analysis
Storm Center Tropical Storm Center Tornado FAQ Tornado Intensity Scale Tornadoes Explained
Forums Gallery Blogs
Weather Glossary Contact Links Store

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Personal Photo
Rating

Options
Options
Personal Statement
Ben Taylor doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Personal Info
Ben Taylor
Supercell
27 years old
Gender Not Set
Menai Bridge, Anglesey, North Wales
Born Mar-21-1980
Interests
No Information
Statistics
Profile Views: 225*
Local Time: Nov 11 2007, 09:23 PM
251 posts (0 per day)
Contact Information
AIM No Information
Yahoo No Information
ICQ No Information
MSN No Information
Contact Private
* Profile views updated each hour

Ben Taylor

Members

Topics
Friends
My Content
2 Nov 2007
Advanced lookout for a spell of artic air starting around next Friday. The upper high we have at the moment is predicted to slowly drift west over the coming week, eventually allowing that classic scenario where there is a low to the east that helps "squeeze " the winds from the North. Should be interesting, lets hope it happens.
21 Sep 2007
There has been some really intense persistent rain over parts of N Wales this morning. Pulses of really heavy rain would come and go every 5 mins or so. There has been lots of siren noises from emergency vehicles in the last hour, don't know if there's any flooding anywhere - apart from part of my garden is underwater! Thankfully the rain has eased a lot now.
14 Jul 2007
On my way to Kenya a few weeks ago I stopped over at Zurich Airport for the night. Coming in to land I was treated to a good display of lightning from a line of Cb clouds just off to the side. Thinking that was it for the excitement, I retired for the night.

The next morning I boarded my flight to Nairobi and as we were boarding some more Thunderstorms arrived. Our flight was delayed by 1/2 hour by these monsters which turned the apron into a lake. At one point there was a really strong gust that really rocked the plane, by this time the baggage guys and those fuelling the plane had made a run for it! Looking at the ESTOFEX archive I realised that a large hail event had happened not too far away.

As for Nairobi itself there was a thunderstorm on one day. Nothing too severe though.

30 May 2007
Certainly something to watch out for tommorow. Not had this much CAPE available for a while! As you all know the sun is approaching it's maximum within the next month, and so with tommorow's setup could get quite interesting come 3pm tommorow. Storms mainly forecast for England and Wales - typical LI's -2, -3 and CAPE of 400 j/kg+
26 Apr 2007
T/storms currently over France did spill northwards to give a few bits of lightning over parts of the South last night. ESTOFEX does not fancy their chances of crossing the channel today but you never know.

Tommorow(27th) the warm unstable air should sweep NW over us. Details of where and when the storms will be keeps changing, but keep watching. Saturday evening now looks most promising for me.
Last Visitors

14 Jul 2007 - 16:52

2 Jul 2007 - 10:37

30 Apr 2007 - 21:22

21 Mar 2007 - 21:39

17 Mar 2007 - 10:19

Comments
Other users have left no comments for Ben Taylor.

Friends
There are no friends to display.
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th November 2007 - 09:23 PM